Air Force Common Admission Test is conducted online by the Indian Air force for entry into the Flying, technical and Ground duty branches of the Indian Air force as Commissioned Officers. An officer in the Indian Air force, you are adequately equipped to strategize through effective planning and organizing, optimally utilize the resources at your disposal and always lead through personal example.
AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) provides a great opportunity to touch the sky with glory and be the protector of the country in the air space of the country. This test allows the aspirants to join one of the elite air forces around the globe and lead a life that a common man fantasizes about.
HOW TO APPLY FOR AFCAT EXAMINATION?
Candidates need to apply online through website www.careerindianairforce.cdac.in or www.afcat.cdac.in using a valid and current email address only after notification is released.
ELIGIBILITY FOR AFCAT WRITTEN EXAMINATION
1. Age Limit Criteria:
Flying Branch – 19 year to 23 years
Technical Branch – 18 years to 28 years
Ground Duty Branch – 20 years to 27 years
2. Education Qualification Criteria:
For Flying Branch – The candidates must complete three or four-year degree program (B.E/B.Tech) from any recognized university with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks.
For Technical Branch – The candidates must complete engineering UG course from Aeronautical, Mechanical or Electronic engineering from any recognized university with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks.
For Ground Duty Branches – The candidates must have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in graduation or 50% aggregate marks in post-graduation in any discipline.
EXAM PATTERN OF AFCAT WRITTEN EXAMINATION
Duration of AFCAT is two hours. It consists of 100 questions. Each question carries three marks, and there is also negative marking in AFCAT, for every wrong answer one mark is deducted. AFCAT is an objective test conducted online and the scheme of syllabus contains General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability, and Reasoning & Military Aptitude. A sample paper and old question papers are available on the website www.careerindianairforce.cdac.in
SYLLABUS FOR AFCAT WRITTEN EXAMINATION
General Awareness: History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Civics, Polity, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc.
Verbal Ability in English: Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.
Numerical Ability: Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit and loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple interest and other topics of basic numerical ability.
Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test: Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability, Verbal Reasoning, Non-verbal reasoning and logical reasoning.
RESULTS OF AFCAT EXAMINATION
Results of the AFCAT written exam in 3-4 months after the written exam. The same can be viewed on the official website. Being a competitive exam and there is no fixed cut off percentage for passing. Candidates who perform better are sent the call letters for SSB interviews. The final merit list is prepared after the SSB interviews final result and displayed on the Indian Air Force website. Joining instructions are sent to students based on vacancies available as per the merit list.
As a premier institute in AFCAT coaching, we believe that our six traits are our hallmarks of strength:
1. Conceptual Coverage of Syllabus: At LA Militaire Academy, we follow the ideology that the syllabus for the exam must be conceptually explained to each and every student to be followed with revisions in form of test series and question bank practice. The combined teamwork from us and the student makes it easier for the student in the last days.
2. Practice to perfection: As observed Practice is the key to confidence and perfection, we believe that as the pragmatic truth. Lot of Mock tests conducted offline (in the institute) as well as online (on our e-portal) in addition to previous years’ paper practice sessions conducted every now and then so that the students develop a vision about the types of questions to be asked in the finals.
3. Doubt-Clearing: We believe in the ideology that “If a student doesn’t have doubts, he’s most probably doing it the wrong way”. We are committed to clear every topic during the classroom session but sometimes the student doesn’t grasp the roots of the concept. These sessions are conducted to make sure the student is understanding each and every concept effectively and not just cramming it. In addition to that, the students at our academy are encouraged to maintain an error log so that they can keep a track of their mistakes and don’t repeat them in future.
4. Weekly tests and Assessment: Regular tests are held at LA Militaire Academy on Saturdays and the results are announced on Mondays. The scores of these tests are under the scrutiny of our valuable faculty so that proper assessment of students is done. We ensure that the graph of these tests is always on the rise.
5. High-end study material: The study material of LA Militaire Academy is one of the most relevant study materials. It is prepared by the wizards of this sphere and the elite material has been prepared such that students can grasp even the most onerous concepts with utmost ease.
6. Shortcuts Methods and Time Management Techniques: Our classroom sessions prioritize time management in all aspects. Proper methodologies are enlisted in our study materials which aids our students to manage the time in a competent way.